The mission of SWAAG is to facilitate the social, emotional and physical well-being of our independent, maturing members by providing access to community resources, services and activities that help maintain their independence and wellness. In other words, we want to connect you to people and resources in our community that will help you lead an active and healthy lifestyle while enjoying all the Woodlake has to offer.
We are hoping to grow our group and would love your help! Any Woodlake resident can join and we encourage you to invite neighbors. Any questions or sign ups can be directed to the WCA office (804) 739-4344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Benefits of SWAAG
A healthy diet and physically active lifestyle are primary ways to prevent chronic diseases and manage your weight. An active lifestyle involves getting the minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity daily, with up to 60 minutes necessary for weight maintenance or loss.
An active lifestyle helps to reduce symptoms of stress and depression. Being active provides you with more energy to enjoy life with your family. It can also help improve your ability to simply function daily, especially as you age. A healthy lifestyle can improve your sleep patterns and your overall outlook on life. These lifestyle habits, physical health and exercise, diet and nutrition, cognitive activity, and social engagement can help keep your body and brain healthy and potentially reduce your risk of cognitive decline.
Calendar of Events
August 2017 Program Descriptions
• Walking Group - Meet at the Woodlake Community Clubhouse located next to the Tennis courts for a guided walk on the community trails around the clubhouse. All speeds of walkers are welcome with different distant options available. Finish your walk with time to socialize with fellow walkers.
• Meet & Greet Walks- Leave from the pavilion or SRC and do a mile or two with other residents and members. An informal gathering of SWAAG members who want to add another walk to their week.
• Pickle ball - A fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and Ping-Pong played on a badminton-sized court and a slightly modified tennis net. It is played with a paddle and a plastic ball. All levels welcome!
• Bridge and Open Game Time at the SRC - Come join your neighbors for Bridge and Open Game Time. Some board games will be provided. Feel free to bring your own. Food is available for purchase
• Zentangle Class - An easy fun and relaxing way to create art, using structured patterns. Helps to relax, relieve stress and pain and build confidence and focus. $5.00
• Computer Security Class - We happy to be able to offer this class sponsored by Lifelong Learning Institute. This course will provide students with specific tips for maintaining security on personal computers. This is a two day class.
• Music Trivia - Do you like music? Come out and try our fun Music Trivia game. Sing along with some of your favorite songs.Weather permitting we will enjoy our game poolside with snacks. SRC RSVP please.
** Please email Noell@woodlakeonline.com or call 730-4344 to sign up. Programs have limited space. If you have a change in your plans, please remember to cancel your spot. Thank you.